Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevin J. kevin J. is offline

Default What kind of beef cut is best for Mongolian Beef?

On Monday, September 22, 2008 7:24:10 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sep 21, 11:27*pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> > "amandaF" > wrote in message

> > > What kind of beef cut is best for Mongolian Beef?

> > Actually, the cheaper the cut the better. *And plenty of fat. *A nice
> > semi-fatty chuck, cut very thin on the bias will make for the best flavor
> > and texture. Usually flank steak is used but I like the texture and flavor
> > of chuck. *By thin we are talking so thin you can almost see through it. *It
> > will be very tender that way and marinating it will make it even more so.
> > Best to have the butcher cut it for you.
> >
> > Paul

> I don't think the OP is talking about Mongolian firepot, but about the
> typical
> Americanized Chinese restaurant dish of marinated, stir-fried beef
> typically
> served on a bed of crispy fried rice noodles.

It's interesting how the word Mongolian got attached to Chinese menu in America. I am actually Mongolian, and never really heard of that dish in Mongolia, lol.
Maybe I will invent the dish called "American Hamburger" outside of US and it will some type of Indian curry, lol .