Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Here's a recent post that I can't send. Trying a new post.

sf wrote:

> I've never seen brown peas before. If I did, I must have thought they
> were something else. When I have a ham bone, I use split peas which
> are green - or any of a dozen or more other beans to make soup.

They must have sold them more often back in the early 60's? When I was a
kid (elementary school), pea-shooters were popular with us fellows. It was
just a large diameter plastic straw that came with a supply of "ammo." We
used to get more ammo from the grocery store...one pound bags of nice round
tan peas.

I've also wondered about that because I never see them in the grocery store
anymore.

Gary