Togarashio Togarashio is offline
Member

Location: Seattle
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
Hi, I am just working on the idea of a new restaurant, which basically offers an alternative cuisine, for instance Portuguese, Belgian, Swedish...

As a customer, would this appeal to you? Also, what would you like to see from a restaurant that most do not offer already?

I would be grateful for any feedback,

Thanks, Adam
So you're trying to get away from what is popular and trying to introduce new things to American diners? That could work. But stick to what you do well. Don't try something different just to be different. Do it only if you do it well. I do like trying something new, which hasn't been offered before; such as Ethiopian, Polish, or Argentinian. I'd like to see an ambience reflecting that culture and a staff knowledgable in the history of the foods they are preparing and serving. Best wishes in your venture.