Bob (this one)

Default sizzle steaks?

Kswck wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> I'm assuming you're talking about Steak Umms or the like. They
>>> are ground meat that is formed into what you saw. Often used
>>> for homemade Philly cheese steaks. You find them in the
>>> freezer section.

>> They're technically called "chopped and formed" steaks.
>>
>> You can also get thin slices of solid-muscle, top round,
>> rectangle-cut and stacked like that. Restaurants use them for
>> sandwiches.
>>
>> Pastorio

> <asking for clarification here> Budd's puts out a 'chopped and
> formed' (sort-of) meat. Uusally it is called pastrami or turkey or
> corned beef. They are about 89 cents each at the supermarket. But I
> don't think that what the OP was asking about.

I think you're right. I threw in the comment about solid muscle
because it's out there for steak subs as a contrasting product.

Most "cold cuts" are processed as pieces pressed together, whether
chopped (or even ground) or just compressed. Fast food roast beef is
chopped and formed. Doesn't mean it tastes bad, just that it isn't
whole muscle meat.

Pastorio