zxcvbob

Default What part of Dill do I use with refrigerator pickles?

Pete wrote:

> I planted around 50 cucumber vines this spring.
> Also a few rows of dill.
>
> Now that I have some small pickles coming in, I want to make some
> refrigerator pickles.
>
> The dill I have currently is getting ready to flower.
>
> Do I use the leaves? Stems? Flowers? Or do I have to wait for the
> seeds?

You use the whole plant. (Maybe not the roots.) I haven't made dill
pickles in a few years, but I usually use the dill flowers or immature
seeds or whatever stage the tops are when the cukes are ready, plus a
few pieces of the stems cut into 2-or-3 inch sections.

Bob