Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Ricotta Pie

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: In article >,
: "W. Baker" > wrote:
: > : In a large bowl, beat four large eggs. Add a slurp of vanilla extract
: > : and good amount of zest off a fresh orange and stir. Mincing the zest
: > : would be good. I forgot to, and there are strings in my pie. If you
: > : like strings, leave the zest as is. ;-)
: >
: > If you have a microplane for zesting, etc there will be only fluffy
: > zest with no srings attached.
: >
: > Wendy

: Microplane? I'll have to look it up. I have a tool which has about 5
: or 6 holes on the curved metal end of it. The holes have sharp edges.
: There's a handle on the cutting part with which you pull the cutting
: holes over the skin of an orange (or lemon or whatever). Strings of
: zest result.

: google... google...
:
: http://www.amazon.com/Microplane-400...r/dp/B00004S7V
: 8

: Ah! Now I see what you mean. Here's one somewhat like the one I have:

: http://www.amazon.com/Trudeau-099873...ef=sr_1_4?s=ho
: me-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1350499759&sr=1-4&keywords=zester

: PP
: --
: "What you fail to understand is that criticising established authority by means
: of argument and evidence is a crucial aspect of how science works."
: - Chris Malcolm
The microplanes grew out of wood rasps which chefs were finding very
useful in grating all kinds of things. I love them and it makes it so esy
to use lemon or orange peel, fast grated nutmeg, fresh ginger, etc.

Wendy