Dave Smith

Default What does turtle taste like?

Katra wrote:

> I actually have to agree with this. :-)
> That is why I only ate a turtle that _had_ to be killed.
> Before that, even tho' I was curious about trying the meat,
> I could just never bring myself to kill a healthy turtle.
> I run into them in the river all the time when I go snorkeling.

The only time I ever killed a turtle was when I was staying on a friend's farm and we drained the pond that was our
swimming hole. We found a snapper in there that was more than two feet across, and he was nasty.

> It's tempting tho' sometimes when you are fishing and they
> keep taking your bait! <G>

It's even more frustrating when they eat your catch. We once left some fish on a stringer in the water while we
tended to something else for a while. We came back about an hour later and found a string of fish bones.