Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do not call

On 12/10/2012 1:30 PM, Gary wrote:

> Screen all calls. that's what I do.
> Landline phone: answering machine is your friend
> Cell phone: if they are not on my friend list, I don't answer.

For years before the Do Not Call registry I was in the habit of hanging
up if there was dead air because it usually meant a computer generated
call and an unwanted soliciting call. One time, tempted as I was, I
stayed on. It was my ISP offering me to free tickets to see Pygmallion
at the Shaw Theatre. I was skeptical but was assured there was no catch.
I took a day off work and caught a matinee performance at one of my
favourite theatre venues... for free.