Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Do not call

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 09:51:28 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:
snip

>I do have to wonder why the DNC list seems to have ceased being effective.
>It seemed to work wonders when it was first implemented.

The rule is that if you have ever had any legitimate dealings with
their company (or subs), they have a legal right to call you. If they
are a political affiliation or religious group they can call you. If
you ever respond to them, they can claim that you have done business
with them. If you respond or call the number they give you to
discontinue the calls, you have affirmed that the phone number is a
live and good one.

The most maddening one is 'Rachel'. She's a computer call and she
never gives up. She's the one who calls about better rates for your
credit cards. The proper response for a computer call is Just Hang Up.
For a live person you say "No, please don't call again, take my name
off of your list."

The folks claiming to be a tech from Microsoft is a brand new scam
that has caught so many people that the Feds have put out an alert
citizens. The people claiming to be from your phone company and
wanting to sign you up for something or check something will drive you
to curses and tears.

Basically, unless you have initiated something with a company, you
just have to hang up.

Thank you. It felt good to get that off my chest. I

Janet US