Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pico Rico[_2_] Pico Rico[_2_] is offline

Default Do not call

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2012-10-12, James Silverton > wrote:
>
>> them. The latest is from Disney World, which is hardly a charity or a
>> political party.

> Live call or recording?
>
> I get a lotta recordings, which I promptly hang up on. I heard the
> govt was gonna outlaw all recording calls, but haven't seen it. I
> don't think they do much against blind live calls, either. That govt
> do-not-call thing was probably more to make the govt look good than to
> actually do anything to stop the calls. I notice the govt passes a
> lot of laws making things illegal, but provides no penalty for
> disobeying said laws. IOW, toothless laws, which are useless.

with recordings, if I have time, I press 1 (usually that works) and then I
get connected to a live person, presumably because I am interested in their
crapola. I then either curse at them or politely quiz them on why they are
breaking the law, depending on my mood. I might go to the "waste as much of
their time as possible" angle, as I used to do that years ago. I suppose I
could also take info and sue them, but I am not sure that is as much fun.

I do have to wonder why the DNC list seems to have ceased being effective.
It seemed to work wonders when it was first implemented.