Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 10, 5:40*pm, "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 11:38*am, Rupert > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 10, 5:33*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:

> > > "CheeseHusker dos" > wrote

> > > <
> > > <Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?

> > > And the bugs that live on them!!!

> > > --Tedward

> > Of course insects die in order to produce my food. Plenty of small
> > mammals die as well for that matter, crushed up in the combine
> > harvester. I never made any claim that no suffering and premature
> > death had to take place in order to produce my food. I am somewhat
> > motivated to make some effort to reduce the amount of suffering that
> > has to take place in order to produce my food and I have decided to be
> > vegan because I think that that's a sensible strategy for achieving
> > that goal. Others may have different priorities and as I said I have
> > no interest in trying to get them to change their mind.- Hide quoted text -

> Rupert, how do you explain our canine eye teeth? *Are they for ripping
> apart carrots? *No, they are for ripping apart animal flesh. *We are
> meat eaters. * *To force a child against the very human nature they
> are born with is child abuse of a sort. * It's like the disgusting
> news stories of parents tatooing thier children becuase the parent
> happens to be into tattoos. * It's that same selfish and narrow-minded
> idea of forcing adult choices on a child.

We have canine eye teeth because we have an evolutionary kinship with
carnivorous species. We are capable of thriving on both omnivorous and
vegetarian diets, like our primate ancestors. I've provided you with
the position of the American Dietetic Association, which you can
easily find on Google, and the opinions of two doctors with whom I
have discussed the matter, both of whom have degrees in medicine and
no kind of ideological animal-rights agenda. Also my experiences as a
vegan and many vegan friends of mine. There might be some evidence
that goes the other way, but you have yet to provide it. It is not
child abuse to bring up a child as a vegan; it's perfectly safe for
the child and the child can make its own decisions when it gets older.
As I say, your opinions are ill-founded prejudices.