Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
Mr. N.A.Cho Mr. N.A.Cho is offline

Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 10, 11:38*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 5:33*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
>

> > "CheeseHusker dos" > wrote

> > > Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
> > > about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
> > > taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
> > > as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
> > > vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.

> > > But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
> > > not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
> > > Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
> > > you to change your mind.- Hide quoted text -

> > <
> > <Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?

> > And the bugs that live on them!!!

> > --Tedward

> Of course insects die in order to produce my food. Plenty of small
> mammals die as well for that matter, crushed up in the combine
> harvester. I never made any claim that no suffering and premature
> death had to take place in order to produce my food. I am somewhat
> motivated to make some effort to reduce the amount of suffering that
> has to take place in order to produce my food and I have decided to be
> vegan because I think that that's a sensible strategy for achieving
> that goal. Others may have different priorities and as I said I have
> no interest in trying to get them to change their mind.- Hide quoted text -

Rupert, how do you explain our canine eye teeth? Are they for ripping
apart carrots? No, they are for ripping apart animal flesh. We are
meat eaters. To force a child against the very human nature they
are born with is child abuse of a sort. It's like the disgusting
news stories of parents tatooing thier children becuase the parent
happens to be into tattoos. It's that same selfish and narrow-minded
idea of forcing adult choices on a child.