Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 10, 5:33*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> "CheeseHusker dos" > wrote

> > > Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.

> > Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
> > about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
> > taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
> > as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
> > vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.

> > But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
> > not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
> > Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
> > you to change your mind.- Hide quoted text -

> <
> <Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?
>
> And the bugs that live on them!!!
>
> --Tedward

Of course insects die in order to produce my food. Plenty of small
mammals die as well for that matter, crushed up in the combine
harvester. I never made any claim that no suffering and premature
death had to take place in order to produce my food. I am somewhat
motivated to make some effort to reduce the amount of suffering that
has to take place in order to produce my food and I have decided to be
vegan because I think that that's a sensible strategy for achieving
that goal. Others may have different priorities and as I said I have
no interest in trying to get them to change their mind.