Posted to rec.food.cooking
pavane[_4_] pavane[_4_] is offline

Default tech support question, regarding-- tea, beer

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 16:25:31 -0700 (PDT), Chemo >
> wrote:
>
>>On Oct 9, 4:23 pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
>>> Why is tea good cold or hot, but beer is only good when cold?

>>What, you never drank Guinness warm? Oh that's right...you drink Pabst.

> Given a choice between the two, Pabst would win. IMO, Guinness is the
> worst beer I ever tasted. Tried it twice but could not finish it. The
> popularity of it puzzles me.

There's Guinness and there's Guinness and there's Guinness.
If you have had it in any way other than from the Irish keg on tap,
in a place with high turnover, forget it. If you have had any of the
bottled abortions under a Guinness label, forget it. The true
Guinness is soft, very smooth, rich almost beyond compare,
no rough edges at all, just lovely mother's milk. Go on a quest,
seek it out. Whatever you have had is bad and wrong.

pavane