Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default tech support question, regarding-- tea, beer

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 19:30:49 -0400, "Somebody" > wrote:
>
>>"Chemo" > wrote in message
>>
>>What, you never drank Guinness warm? Oh that's right...you drink Pabst.
>>
>>---
>>
>>Please, f**k that shit... Heine or Becks. I got standards!
>>

> The better the beer, the better it is warm.

Errr - no. Beers taste best at the ideal fermentation temperature for the
yeasts which were used. This brings out the delicate esthers which
contribute so much to the flavor profile. Lagers and pilseners ferment cold
while ales ferment warm. That is why ales taste best warm. By warm we are
talking 66-68F as opposed to lagers which are best around 34-36F.

Paul