Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.sourdough
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default I think my sourdough starter died :(

Shadow wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 11:26:01 -0500, zxcvbob >
> wrote:
>
>> It's like the yeast died but the lactic bacteria is still there. Not
>> sure if I should keep feeding it, or start a new batch.

> Just re feed it, and keep it at around 30c. As soon as it
> wakes up, "wash it". (see FAQs)
> []'s
> --
> Don't be evil - Google 2004
> We have a new policy - Google 2012

I think the starter has awakened. By Sunday or Monday I should be
baking bread again.

I didn't see anything in the FAQ about "washing" the starter, but I did
read about feeding the starter and I've been doing it wrong all this
time (not throwing out enough, and not adding enough new flour and
water, so the starter is always inhibited by its own acid.)

--
Bob