A.T. Hagan

Default What does turtle taste like?

On 14 Nov 2003 00:32:39 -0800, (Kenneth Leja)
wrote:

>And how do you eat it?

Depends on the species of turtle.

Not quite old enough to have eaten sea turtle (that I'd admit in a
public newsgroup), but I've yet to try the softshell turtle that I
liked. Just something to its flavor that puts me off.

Snapper was pretty good. Only the lighter colored meat had anything
of a chicken taste to it. The darker meat tasted like... well,
turtle.

Once it's cleaned you can fix it about anyway you'd fix chicken.
Fried is usually how I've had it. Had one bowl of turtle soup that
was good. Had it stewed with tomatoes once that was good.

If you've never cleaned one before have someone who does know how show
you.

......Alan.

--
Curiosity killed the cat -