Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Mostly French wines over a couple days bday celebration

Hi Dale,

On 10/02/2012 07:00 PM, DaleW wrote:
> 1989 Fonsalette Reserve Cotes du Rhone
> Full, spicy, cedary, good but not especially complex. B+/B

Interesting, I'd have expected more from this somehow...

> 1982 Burgess “Vintage Selection” Cabernet Sauvignon
> This showed more oomph than last bottle, crunchy red fruit and cedar,B+

Glad to hear this one is still alive. I stumbled across and '84 the
other day, now waiting for the headmans ax.

Did your Burgess still stand up well to the duck? Or should I be
looking at the almost-dead-serve-with-roast-chicken equation?

cheers,

-E