Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anyone plan on trying new foods/recipes?

<Ross@home> wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"W. Baker" > wrote in message
>>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>>
>>> : "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>> : ...
>>> : > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> : > ...
>>> : >
>>> : >> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for
>>> Angela.
>>> : >> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless,
>>> skinless
>>> : >> chicken breasts?
>>> : >
>>> : > Maybe something here would work.
>>> : >
>>> : >
>>> http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx
>>>
>>> : I don't think so. Those appear to be recipes that *use* chicken.
>>> Like
>>> : enchiladas. Seeing as how she is only allowed one serving of carb
>>> with
>>> her
>>> : meal, those wouldn't work. I just need a way to cook the chicken.
>>> Not
>>> put
>>> : it *in* something.
>>> There are all kinds of low carb tortillas available that could be used
>>> in
>>> this kind of recipe. I get some that are small and 3 carbs per
>>> tortilla,
>>> and others that arae large(like a wrap) with about 6 net carbs. I use
>>> these for all kinds of things.

>>She does *not* eat low carb. She is on the South Beach diet. She can not
>>eat low carb tortillas and neither can I because of the ingredients. If I
>>wanted a recipe for something that involved tortillas I would have asked
>>for
>>that. I did not. I foolishly assumed that somebody might actually have a
>>recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast with a Mexican seasoning. But
>>no. All I get are other recipes that are not for that.
>>

> Once again, people go out of their way to offer suggestions and all
> Julie does is bitch.

Yeah and why are they doing that? I do not understand that at all. I asked
what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have a
Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken with
something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet they
did go out of their way to answer that.

Would be kind of like if I asked if they knew where I could buy a discount
priced wedding dress and then they gave me a link to a website that sells
track suits. Or shoes. Right? At least that's how it seems to me.