Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Mexican chicken breasts

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 9/27/2012 6:13 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I am going to try this recipe. I will probably not top the chicken with
>> the
>> salsa and sour cream but I will put them on the side. Angela likes her
>> food
>> more plain. This will work well because if she decides later in the week
>> that she wants a taco, she will have the meat. Instead of using a packet
>> of
>> taco seasoning, I will just use the kind that I already have in a jar.
>>
>> http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...p?recipe=20744
>>

> packaged taco seasoning is carby crap. Check the ingredients. It's carby
> fillers with some spices thrown in.

No it's not. I buy it from American Spice. It's gluten free.

> Salsa in a jar is processed tomato crap. It's so easy to make a pico de
> gallo that I can't understand anyone using the jarred stuff with all the
> chemicals in it.

Not the same thing. I don't use much sdalsa at all in my cooking. Mostly
for chili or Spanish rice. I'm not picky like that. I use what I have and
I buy what is cheap!

> I never use sour cream since I discovered Fage brand 0% fat Greek yogurt
> which tastes exactly like sour cream but is much less "dangerous".

I neve use it either. Or yogurt. How is sour cream dangerous? Angela eats
sour cream once in a while, mainly in restaurants. Once in a while at home.