Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Fast food health problems.Read before you eat another big mac

Julie Bove wrote:

> I have never eaten a Big Mac nor would I.

That mentality annoys me. Don't discount something if you've never tried
it. Unhealthy? Yeah...but you just might like one occasionally. Occasional
'bad food' isn't going to hurt you. And you are so picky about food,
anything you find you like would be a bonus. You especially should be
willing to try anything once.

I had that rule with my daughter as she was growing up. I would make dinner
and if it contained something new and different (that she never had before),
I insisted that she try just one bite. One bite then if she still didn't
like it, i didn't force it on her.

With my "one bite" rule, she actually ended up liking maybe half the
things...things that she wouldn't have tried otherwise.

G.