Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Circulon pan help!

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:02:46 -0500, "Polly Esther"
> wrote:

>Meanwhile, back to cleaning a non-stick pan, I made quite a mess with my
>favorite non-stick skillet and went to Heloise for help. She said to fill
>it with water and one tablespoon dishwashER detergent, turn on the vent fan,
>boil the water for ten minutes. That worked very well. I've not quite
>familiar with what the controls on my new stove mean. Obviously, the E in
>Medium is too high for non-stick. Lesson learned. Polly

It is easy to put a shellac-type icky on any pan if you are heating or
frying too high. The icky is vi sable on stainless and is easy to
tackle there. On non stick it doesn't show up and isn't always
noticeable to the fingers. I find that a Dobie pad is perfect for
scouring all non stick pans after frying to keep them slippery clean.
I tried other nylon scrubbers but they don't seem to do the job like
the Dobie pad.
Janet US