Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Circulon pan help!

On Sep 11, 10:47*am, sf > wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:05:07 -0700 (PDT), "
>

> > > You're already solved your own problem. It wore out. None of those
> > > coated pans last forever. Throw it out and move on.

> > Exactly. *And that's why I weaned myself away from non-stick
> > cookware. *Although I loved the ease of cooking in it and was very,
> > very careful with it I got tired of babying it. *And then it started
> > peeling even though I pampered it; enough ot that!

> We decided to go non-stick pan free and that only lasted a couple of
> months. *It's just too darned easy to cook eggs in one, so we are back
> with a non-stick again (our egg pan). *The difference is that we are
> under no illusion that it will last and will replace it ASAP when we
> decide it's time. *We also aren't going to be under any illusion that
> the pan will "last a lifetime" so we aren't going to be suckered into
> spending an arm and a leg on one.... even if it has a fancy coating
> that the shop keeper runs a rock over to demonstrate how tough it is.

It took me a few failures to master non-stick again but now I love my
Calphalon and that I can sling it in the oven and not worry about
going over 350°. I love that I don't have to worry about using
something other than wooden or nylon utensils in it, not worry that
someone else wouldn't be as careful with it as I would. Tri-ply
stainless steel cookware is my friend.