Wayne

Default In the cool, cool, cool of the evening

zxcvbob > wrote in
:

> Wayne wrote:
>
>>>Look for dried roselle; the label will say something like "Flor de
>>>Jamaica". Or if you're really lucky you might find it fresh but I
>>>doubt it. Boil the dried roselle in water to extract the juice.

>> I'm sure they'll have it. I printed the picture. Have you made the
>> extract before?
>>

> Yes. I boiled some dried roselle to make juice last fall and I tried
> making jelly with it. I thought it would have enough pectin to set
> all by itself but I ended up with syrup. Even though the juice was
> quite sour, it also could have used a little lemon juice -- the syrup
> is too sweet. I'll try again someday, cutting the roselle juice with
> a little reconstituted frozen apple juice to lighten the color and add
> a packet of Certo. It definately has potential.
>
> Henriette can probably tell you all about the stuff. (I wonder if
> she's listening...)
>
> Bob

Thanks, Bob. I remember the tea I used to get and I always added lemon
and raw sugar. It was a great summer drink. That would probably make a
very pretty jelly!

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.