zxcvbob

Default In the cool, cool, cool of the evening

Wayne wrote:

>>Look for dried roselle; the label will say something like "Flor de
>>Jamaica". Or if you're really lucky you might find it fresh but I
>>doubt it. Boil the dried roselle in water to extract the juice.

> I'm sure they'll have it. I printed the picture. Have you made the
> extract before?

Yes. I boiled some dried roselle to make juice last fall and I tried
making jelly with it. I thought it would have enough pectin to set all
by itself but I ended up with syrup. Even though the juice was quite
sour, it also could have used a little lemon juice -- the syrup is too
sweet. I'll try again someday, cutting the roselle juice with a little
reconstituted frozen apple juice to lighten the color and add a packet
of Certo. It definately has potential.

Henriette can probably tell you all about the stuff. (I wonder if she's
listening...)

Bob