Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Circulon pan help!

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:05:07 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 11:29*pm, sf > wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 19:05:14 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > I still would like some ideas as to what might have caused the
> > > food to stick to begin with. *I have only ever had that happen waaaay back
> > > when I bought cheap non-stick skillets. *They never worked very well.

> > You're already solved your own problem. *It wore out. *None of those
> > coated pans last forever. *Throw it out and move on.
> >

> Exactly. And that's why I weaned myself away from non-stick
> cookware. Although I loved the ease of cooking in it and was very,
> very careful with it I got tired of babying it. And then it started
> peeling even though I pampered it; enough ot that!

We decided to go non-stick pan free and that only lasted a couple of
months. It's just too darned easy to cook eggs in one, so we are back
with a non-stick again (our egg pan). The difference is that we are
under no illusion that it will last and will replace it ASAP when we
decide it's time. We also aren't going to be under any illusion that
the pan will "last a lifetime" so we aren't going to be suckered into
spending an arm and a leg on one.... even if it has a fancy coating
that the shop keeper runs a rock over to demonstrate how tough it is.