Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Do you eat tofu?

Alice Faber > wrote:
: In article >,
: "W. Baker" > wrote:

: > Julie Bove > wrote:
: >
: > : When we lived in NY we used to get Teriyaki chicken sticks. The kids loved
: > : them. I don't think they're authentic at all. Is Teriyaki even Chinese?
: > : I
: > : thought it was Japanese but I could be wrong.
: >
: > Teriyaki is Japanese and quite sweet so I don't make it, although it can
: > be quite simple IIRC, soysaouse, sine and, honey(I believe, seasoned with
: > ginger and used as a maraade adn sauce for a number of foods. No reason
: > not to use it on pieces of chicken, boneless or not.
: >
: > Not terrible diabetic friendly:-(
: >

: I make a marinade with tamari, ginger, garlic, and splenda.
: It's not quite teriyaki, but close enough, and is marvellous with
: swordfish.

: --
: "Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
: what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

Thanks! I think I will try that , even on chicken on the grill. I might
add a little wine(dry) to that.

Wendy