Posted to rec.food.cooking
merryb merryb is offline

Default Foods that can get you drunk?

On Sep 3, 8:43*pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-
> wrote:
> Looking for foods that can contain a large amount of alcohol. Not alcohol that
> gets cooked off. I'm thinking along the line of jello shots and rum cake. For
> various and sundry reasons I'm trying to defeat a senseless ban on "alcoholic
> beverages" that the authorities think are causing problems. It probably is, but
> it's still fun to tweak the authorities

Someone here had posted a recipe(if that's what you wanna call it!)
for drunken gummy bears- basically GBs covered with vodka for a few
days. I had a big bag from Costco, so I tried it. Wow- those packed a
punch! Also, when I worked in bakeries, one of the things we made with
cake scraps was rum balls. A bit of frosting, some apricot jam and the
scraps all mixed together with the amount of rum needed to hold them
together.