Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Foods that can get you drunk?

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 09:12:21 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:

>Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
>
>> Looking for foods that can contain a large amount of alcohol. Not
>> alcohol that gets cooked off. I'm thinking along the line of jello
>> shots and rum cake. For various and sundry reasons I'm trying to
>> defeat a senseless ban on "alcoholic beverages" that the authorities
>> think are causing problems. It probably is, but it's still fun to
>> tweak the authorities

>Rhum & chocolate pralines are usually bery bland in alcohol, but who knows?
>Maybe there's some brand out there selling something strong...

All over Italy there were street venders that sold packages of liquor
filled hard candies, maybe six types of real booze (not diluted),
could get a buzz on eating them. I don't know if they still sell
them... they looked like a package of "Charms" hard candy, each
individually wrapped and packaged in a stack exactly like Charms, only
these were potent. The trick was to suck on them until the booze
seeped out but I used to bite them and spit out the candy. They were
only a few Lira each. I bought up lots and brought them back to the
US for gifts. I've never seen anything like them in the US.