Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Robert Miles[_4_] Robert Miles[_4_] is offline

Default I think I have an eating disorder!

On 8/6/2012 10:02 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> This is getting very frustrating. First the lack of appetite and now this.
> Right now pretty much nothing sounds good to eat, ever. On the plus side I
> do seem to have an appetite sometimes. Sometimes an incredible appetite.
> It's as though I can hear my insides squeaking, I feel so empty.
>
> I am having a horrible time coming up with things to eat for meals and
> snacks. Breakfast is not such a problem. I just eat toast then and I tend
> to eat it as quickly as possible just to get it over with. If I need a
> snack between then and dinner (and sometimes I do) then I eat a fruit snack.
> That's over with in 3 bites and they do taste good to me so really not a
> problem. But soon I'll be out and will have to switch over to Craisins.
> Angela was sneaking the fruit snacks so I can't buy them any more.
>
> The problem is with dinner and my bed time snack. No matter what I fix to
> eat or order in a restaurant, I just don't want it once I have it. I have
> even taken to dishing up smaller portions when at home because I know I
> won't be able to eat it all. I take two bites and then this weird sensation
> comes over me. I feel like I want to cry. I don't actually cry. I just
> get this thought in my mind that I want to cry. And then I feel like I just
> want to go to bed and sleep and forget about food. I don't really want to
> sleep and most of the time when I get this thought I am not even sleepy or
> tired.
>
> The other night this happened in a restaurant. I had a hamburger patty with
> lettuce, tomato and onion. This would never be my first choice for a meal
> and I don't really like this so much but it is one of the few things I can
> eat in a restaurant. As in, I am not intolerant to these foods and I can
> digest them. The weird thing is that the food tasted really good to me. I
> even commented on how good it was because I didn't think I was going to like
> it. But after the two bites I just didn't want to eat any more. I still
> felt hungry. But I didn't want to eat it. I had to force myself. And then
> I had the French fries which I knew that I had to eat because my BG was a
> little on the low side. I really had to force myself to eat those and I
> must say that they did taste weird to me. They had some sort of seasoning
> on them.
>
> Even foods that I really like, like black bean soup, baked beans, refried
> beans, etc. are now difficult for me to eat beyond the second bite.
>
> This all seemed to start up when I stopped taking the Metoclopramide. I
> know it speeds up digestion and I also know that it does something to the
> dopamine in the body. It was originally designed to treat depression (I
> think) but it failed miserably at that. They did notice that it sped up
> digestion so it is used for that and also for migraines. Although oddly the
> information I read about it said it could also cause migraines.
>
> I did read that the withdrawals from this med can be brutal but nobody
> [...]

I did a Google search on Metoclopramide withdrawal. Do any of these
look useful?

Metoclopramide
http://www.drugs.com/metoclopramide.html
After you stop taking metoclopramide, you may have unpleasant withdrawal
symptoms such as headache, dizziness, or nervousness.

Reglan - Side Effects and Withdrawal Symptoms
http://www.tardivedyskinesia.com/reg...de-effects.php
mentions dry mouth as a possibility - does drinking a little of some
liquid help?

Reglan Oral Uses and How to Use
http://www.healthcentral.com/acid-re...uses?ic=506048

Reglan: How to Stop
http://www.ehow.com/how_7334417_reglan_-stop.html
mentions that gradually cutting down may be less unpleasant than
suddenly stopping

Metoclopramide Tablets
http://www.drugs.com/pro/metoclopramide-tablets.html

ReglanŽ Reviews
http://www.adrugrecall.com/reglan/reviews.html

I didn't see anything that fits you description well, but you may still
want to read the descriptions given to see if someone else might
describe it differently.