Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Do you eat tofu?

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: In article >,
: "W. Baker" > wrote:
: > Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: > : In article >,
: > : "W. Baker" > wrote:
: > : > If your husband like hot and sour soup, it can be made vegetarian without
: > : > a meat broth. I don't have a recipe but had one from a package of tofu
: > : > at
: > : > one time. You might try gooling for it. You can make a peppery as you
: > : > like and that is the source of the heat for that soup.
: > : I think I posted a recipe for sour-hot soup here a few months ago.
: > I seem to remember that too, but I checked my recipe file but had not
: > saved it. Perhaps too much pork or something like that, because I just
: > love that soup!

: You can adapt it not to have any pork. Dark meat chicken would do
: great, I would think.

: PP

Since I can't find your recipe, woul you min sendign it either to the
group or to me? As the evenings are getting cooler up hee in the
mountains and today I even wore a light flannel shirt, it is time to think
of hot soups again and thatcan be a nic elow carb one if not thickened
with cornsstarch. I wonder how it would be with an egg in it as a kind of
hot and sour egg drop soup:-) kind of a mixed soupaphore.

Wendy