Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default '08 Huet Le Mont demi-sec

On Aug 28, 11:03*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tonight's dinner was a mixed grill of leftover BBQ and an improvised
> salad of roasted beets, heirloom tomatoes and avocado. *With this I opened:
>
> 2008 Dom. Huet Vouvray "Le Mont" demi-sec
> nose: quince, a hint of guava and an earthy undertone
> palate: vivid acidity, off-dry, a deep core of fruit and a certain heft
> on the palate
>
> Surprisingly, the wine worked brilliantly with the food, but would have
> been just great as an aperitif regardless. *Notes on the Internet
> suggest that this may be shutting down, but if so it must have been
> awe-inspiring earlier because it's pretty fantastic now.

If you have more of this wine, it would be interesting to put one
bottle under lock and key for 10-15 years and see what happens. This
wine could well fade for a few years and then develop into something
very interesting. A sweeter grade of Vouvray than demi-sec would be
more likely to improve after long storage, but a very good demi-sec,
such as some from Huet, would seem to have a fair chance of lasting
well.