Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default '07 Bisceglia Aglianico del Vulture

On Aug 27, 12:35*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 8/27/12 11:44 AM, Bi!! wrote:
>
> > I've been liooking for a decent "eggplant parm" wine but didn't think
> > of Aglianico. *I have a few bottles in the cellar ( not Bisceglia)
> > I'll give it a try. *Thanks Mark.

> Bill,
> * *My own instincts were to go with a high acid white wine, but Jean
> militated for a read, so the Aglianico was our compromise position. *It
> was fine with the dish but I didn't feel that there was any synergy
> going on.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

It's a difficult match. I thought the "parm" part would drive towards
a Tuscan red but I found them too overpowering for the eggplant and
the wines took on a slightly bitter quality. My next thought is a
either a Cava or perhaps a French sparkler maybe Rose.