Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default resistant varieties

Nick > wrote in :

> Has anyone good results with vines that are resistant to fungi? I want to
> replant my vineyard and am searching for good new varieties I do not need
> to spray every fortnight. I do have the Leon Millot that is real resistant
> and need no other care that pruning and harvesting. So if anyone has
> another variaty please let me know which type, if it has white red or blue
> berries and if it ripens early?

Possibly a better idea is to use a more effective fungicide. We've tried just about everything
available to the home gardener, mostly without success -- until two years ago, when we
discovered Immunox. Goodbye, black rot. Goodbye, powdery mildew. Goodbye, every kind
of fungus that had ever plagued us in the past. Stuff's not cheap -- near fifteen dollars a pint --
but by golly it WORKS. You should be able to find it at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. I think I've
even seen it at Walmart, but I could be mistaken there.