Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_3_] Cheryl[_3_] is offline

Default Instant pantry

On 8/18/2012 12:07 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

> It looks just shallow enough to be frustrating for small appliances.
> I'd just use it for dry goods and cans.

It's actually about 15" deep and perfect for the appliances I don't use
all the time. It sure will be perfect for dry goods and cans.

> This is my "freestanding pantry". It's been better organized since
> this picture, but you get the idea. It's where all that awkward stuff
> that can't find a home goes. 18" deep.

I wish I had room in the kitchen for a pantry but I just don't so this
is my next best option.

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/7275891...n/photostream/
>
> Your 1.75L bottle looks a little low...

LOL Which one is that? This is my booze shelf for mixers and things I
don't use all the time. That bottle of Crown is reserved for my brother
when he comes to visit. I always like to keep some on hand even though
he doesn't always come over long enough for a drink but he's my bud so I
have to keep it handy. One pantry shelf can be reserved for booze.