Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_9_] Billy[_9_] is offline

Default Are you going to stockpile food?

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> Food prices are going to go up in the US due to drought. Here's a list of
> what to stockpile although some of it seems like it shouldn't be on that
> list.
>
> http://frugalliving.about.com/od/sto...-Due-To-The-Dr
> ought.htm
>
> I don't usually like to freeze meat unless it is cooked. I do keep
> hamburger patties and plain cooked ground beef plus taco seasoned ground
> beef. I do keep some cooked chicken but Angela really seems to prefer the
> canned and that is easy to stockpile. Same for tuna although I would think
> the drought might not affect tuna.

Canned chicken?! That aside, you don't worry about methylmercury in the
tuna?

> Costco currently has packages of whole wheat pasta for a good price and I
> bought a huge bag of their brown rice. I have some beans but plan to get
> more. And a few more bags of popcorn.
>
> I think I will also buy more canned things like green beans and tomato
> sauce.
>
> I don't like to keep too much excess food in the house because there is
> always the chance that it will go bad before we can eat it.
>
> Do you plan to stockpile?

Here in Northern California, we are urged to have 3 days of food and
water in our homes, because of earthquakes, or government attacks.

--
Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>