Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

Default Happy 100th Birthday, Julia Child!

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 15/08/2012 4:42 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> In celebration of her 100th birthday, Julia Child Remixed by John D.
>> Boswell, aka melodysheep, for PBS Digital Studios.
>>

> I am all for recognizing a person, but not for celebrating birthdays of
> people who have died. I had to break it to you, but while it may be the
> hundredth anniversary of her birth, she is not here to celebrate. She died.

So we should remember on the day she died? In some cases, that is
problematic since they didn't die of old age, instead dying young of some
disease or being shot. The latter are too often remembered on the day
they died, precisely because people know that long before they know their
birthdays.

Michael