Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Warren Peltier Warren Peltier is offline

Default Anyone still drinking Tieguanyin?

Just had a 30-year old Tieguanyin today with some tea friends here in Fuzhou. This was tea that tea farmers hung up inside the rafters of their house and forgot about.

Tieguanyin has gotten a really bad name lately and fallen out of favor with tea drinkers. Tieguanyin vendors struggle to stay in business, at least in Fuzhou.

Sometime this week, I'm going with a group of tea friends to Anxi where we'll make some tea ourselves. Hope that works out well. I'm told the raw leaves will only cost 1 yuan per pound.

Kind of strange how Yancha has gone for a wild ride lately too, but a lot of us think the Yancha market is going to spiral downward soon because leaf quality has really gone down in recent years; plus they're doing lots of tea blending to make up for taste and fragrance discrepancies.