Ray

Default Is sour cherry wine better than sweet cherry wine?

"Phil" > wrote in message
om...
> "Ray" > wrote in message

m>...
> > All I can get is sweet cherries so that is what I use. I have not

really
> > been disappointed but have nothing to compare with.

> Great to hear! I'm glad to hear someone satified with their final all
> sweet cherry product!
>

> > underway so don't worry about it. It will pretty much take care of

itself.
> > If it comes out a bit off then concern yourself with adjustments but

don't
> > worry until then.

> What kind of adjustments?

The main adjustments I make are acidity and tannin. Both can be done by
taste but do not try to do it all at one time or you will probably over do
it. On the first racking after it clears, taste it to see if you think it
need extra acidity or tannin. Add a bit if you think it need it. Do the
same on the next racking. Remember, it is easier to add than take away so
go easy. You can check acidity by titration but remember, taste is more
important than the correct reading.

If you go in for that sort of thing you can also check the pH to adjust the
meta. I do sometimes and sometimes I just go by feel.

Ray