Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.agnosticism,alt.atheism,sci.skeptic

Default Dietary ethics

On 8/1/2012 10:03 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Aug 1, 6:52 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> Really? He says things that contradict one another but he's not being
>>> inconsistent?

>> No. The things he says that are lies don't contradict his statements of
>> belief.
>>

> Well, I must have misunderstood you

They don't contradict his statements of belief because the apparent
contradictions are lies. His statements of belief are "true" in the
sense that they accurately state his beliefs. When he says that the
"unborn animals" will experience some loss if their conception and birth
are prevented, he is expressing a belief that is in accord with all of
his other unsolicited statements of belief. When he says he couldn't
believe "they" would experience a loss because he considers them to be
"nothing", that is a lie, and so it cannot contradict his statement of
belief. Only if he truly believed that the unconceived farm animals are
"nothing" could it be contradictory, but he doesn't believe that, as I
have proved.

>>> So you would appear to believe.

>> You know I'm right. You just like being an asshole.
>>

> You seem to react in a very hostile way when someone isn't persuaded
> by your argument.

You just like being an asshole - a bloated-ego asshole.