Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.agnosticism,alt.atheism,sci.skeptic
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default Dietary ethics

On 1 Aug., 15:09, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 8/1/2012 2:05 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> Doesn't think what? *He's claimed there are a couple of things he's
> >> written that are not his true thoughts. *Do you mean that he doesn't
> >> think unborn farm animals will suffer a "loss" if they are "prevented"
> >> from being conceived and born? *He says he doesn't think that because he
> >> became aware, thanks to me, of just how stupid and illogical and insane
> >> that sounds. *Of course, he *does* think it - it very clearly and
> >> obviously underlies everything else he has written on the topic.

> > So he's become aware thanks to you of how stupid and illogical and
> > insane it sounds, but he continues to hold on to the belief? Does this
> > not strike you as a bit weird?

> *Everything* about ****wit is at least "a bit" weird. *Have you
> forgotten already that he has said "time doesn't exist", because we
> "can't detect it?" *However, recall that he said:
>
> * * * * I admit that I'm very weak in the area of
> * * * * presenting my ideas...I have as much 'right' to
> * * * * post my spew as everyone else does.
> * * * * ****wit - 11/30/1999
>
> So, his expression of his weird idea sounds stupid and illogical, but
> that doesn't mean it isn't his idea. *It *is* his idea. *How the ****
> else, you psychotic twit, do you explain the fact - it *is* a fact -
> that he assigns moral weight to animals' "getting to experience life"
> long before they exist, such that he regards any attempt to "prevent"
> that from happening as an immoral act of interference?

I can think of ways to explain how someone could hold such a view. If
you want the correct explanation you would probably do best to ask
him.

> >> Do you mean that he doesn't think the unborn animals "...are more than
> >> just 'nothing'", i.e., that he thinks they *are* "just 'nothing'"? *He
> >> said he thought they were "just 'nothing'" as a way of trying to shuffle
> >> away from his "Yes, it is the unborn animals..." ****wittery, because he
> >> didn't remember having said that they "...are more than just 'nothing'".

> > Why do you suppose he would lie about what he believes?

> Why does a congenital liar lie at all, you idiot? *****wit lies because
> he's a ****witted troll who suffers no consequence for lying in pursuit
> of his trolling. *****wit doesn't have a coherent story for *anything*
> he believes. *In 13 years of ****ing around spewing his nonsense in
> Usenet, he has never persuaded anyone to abandon their beliefs and adopt
> his. *****wit doesn't care about that. *He's just trolling, which is an
> essentially dishonest pastime. *If his basic purpose in participating in
> Usenet is something that is inherently dishonest, why would he have any
> qualms about adding to the dishonesty by lying about his beliefs?

If he's really just trolling, then that would suggest that he doesn't
believe anything that he writes.

> >> He's just ****ed. *He stated his true beliefs, in December 1999 and
> >> again in August 2000, and they show him to be an irrational idiot. *I
> >> don't think he's psychotic, as you are, but he's clearly irrational and
> >> incapable of clear and logical thinking.

> > Why do you think I am psychotic, Prof. Plimpton?

> I thought we were talking about ****wit and his absurd, irrationally
> held, dishonestly expressed beliefs?

We were, but you also made the statement that I am psychotic, and I
was curious about what had led you to that conclusion.