Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.agnosticism,alt.atheism,sci.skeptic

Default Dietary ethics

On 8/1/2012 2:05 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On 31 Jul., 19:28, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> So what's your explanation for why he claims he doesn't think it?

>> Doesn't think what? He's claimed there are a couple of things he's
>> written that are not his true thoughts. Do you mean that he doesn't
>> think unborn farm animals will suffer a "loss" if they are "prevented"
>> from being conceived and born? He says he doesn't think that because he
>> became aware, thanks to me, of just how stupid and illogical and insane
>> that sounds. Of course, he *does* think it - it very clearly and
>> obviously underlies everything else he has written on the topic.
>>

> So he's become aware thanks to you of how stupid and illogical and
> insane it sounds, but he continues to hold on to the belief? Does this
> not strike you as a bit weird?

*Everything* about ****wit is at least "a bit" weird. Have you
forgotten already that he has said "time doesn't exist", because we
"can't detect it?" However, recall that he said:

I admit that I'm very weak in the area of
presenting my ideas...I have as much 'right' to
post my spew as everyone else does.
****wit - 11/30/1999

So, his expression of his weird idea sounds stupid and illogical, but
that doesn't mean it isn't his idea. It *is* his idea. How the ****
else, you psychotic twit, do you explain the fact - it *is* a fact -
that he assigns moral weight to animals' "getting to experience life"
long before they exist, such that he regards any attempt to "prevent"
that from happening as an immoral act of interference?

>> Do you mean that he doesn't think the unborn animals "...are more than
>> just 'nothing'", i.e., that he thinks they *are* "just 'nothing'"? He
>> said he thought they were "just 'nothing'" as a way of trying to shuffle
>> away from his "Yes, it is the unborn animals..." ****wittery, because he
>> didn't remember having said that they "...are more than just 'nothing'".
>>

> Why do you suppose he would lie about what he believes?

Why does a congenital liar lie at all, you idiot? ****wit lies because
he's a ****witted troll who suffers no consequence for lying in pursuit
of his trolling. ****wit doesn't have a coherent story for *anything*
he believes. In 13 years of ****ing around spewing his nonsense in
Usenet, he has never persuaded anyone to abandon their beliefs and adopt
his. ****wit doesn't care about that. He's just trolling, which is an
essentially dishonest pastime. If his basic purpose in participating in
Usenet is something that is inherently dishonest, why would he have any
qualms about adding to the dishonesty by lying about his beliefs?

>> He's just ****ed. He stated his true beliefs, in December 1999 and
>> again in August 2000, and they show him to be an irrational idiot. I
>> don't think he's psychotic, as you are, but he's clearly irrational and
>> incapable of clear and logical thinking.

> Why do you think I am psychotic, Prof. Plimpton?

I thought we were talking about ****wit and his absurd, irrationally
held, dishonestly expressed beliefs?