Old 24-07-2012, 08:09 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.agnosticism,alt.atheism,sci.skeptic
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default Dietary ethics

[email protected] wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:34:44 -0700, Dutch wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 14:22:43 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:39:09 -0700, Dutch wrote:

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess wrote:

The fact is that humans are natural predators, and eating meat is a
normal life experience for most people. The problem is that many food
animals are raised and slaughtered without regard for their comfort
and pain, which I suspect is the crux of the issue.

I agree with everything you said, except that animal welfare is not part
of the issue in the debate between [email protected] and everyone else. He tries to
make it appear that it is, but that's just one of his smokescreens.

That's a blatant lie since I refer to animals who have lives of negative
value as well as those of positive value.

Nope, it is the truth.

Obviously I refer to animals who have lives of negative value as well as
those of positive value.

Animal welfare is not what your position is about, that is a smokescreen.