ellendarnay27 ellendarnay27 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_n View Post
I'm faced with the dilemma of whether to choose a tabletop blender or a
handheld stick blender. I can see advantages in both, but I only have the
budget (and space) for one!

My main use for these gadgets is making smoothies and protein shakes. Here
is what I see as the advantages of each type:

____Hand-held Blender:___
Easier and quicker to clean
Takes up less room in the dishwasher
Takes up less room, period.
Enables me to blend stuff that is in many kinds of container.

___Tabletop blender:___
Always in one place, so easy and quick to locate
No possibility of splashing or spattering
No little bits to mislay

While a tabletop blender takes up more space on the worktop, I can imagine
that a stick blender is more of a fiddle to stash away after use.

Can anyone shine any other pros and cons of either type?

Many thanks...

Al
Hi Al. IMHO, I would prefer the handheld blender because of its portability and compactness. I only use tabletop blenders when making fruit shakes and the like but most of the time, the handheld type are much easier and handy to use, with the same effects as the tabletop ones. Hope this helps...