Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Pastrami Update

On 7/15/2012 9:50 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 20:56:01 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> The pastrami was wonderful! DH said "it tastes like pastrami" meaning
>> that I did good. :-)

> You went with the pressure cooker method? How long for each stage?
>
> -sw

On the smoker about 2 hours. I went by temperature rather than time,
so it was at 150° when I took it off.

In the styrofoam cooler wrapped in foil for about 2 hours. Was
still hot.

In the pressure cooker, 20 minutes under pressure and I let the
pressure fall on its own.

We won't get another meal out of it. He just had some for lunch.

There is another corned beef in the freezer, so I'll do a repeat in a
couple of months.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas