Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kent[_5_] Kent[_5_] is offline

Default Pastrami

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
>I could have sworn that the FAQ had a pastrami recipe. It didn't.
>
> When corned beef briskets were on sale in March, I got two extra and
> decided to try my hand at a pastrami.
>
> I found a rub recipe online that doesn't require a whole lot of sugar
> (feh!) and a method whereby one smokes it until 150° internal temp then
> steams it in a pressure cooker for that "deli" taste and consistency. I
> think this might be they way I'll go.
>
> Any comments or suggestions? I'd appreciate them.
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Janet here's an article about making pastrami from corned beef I found on
the Virtual Weber Bullet. http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/cornedbeef.html
I've a got a couple of frozen corned beef flats in the garage freezer. I'm
going to try this. My concern would be the degree of saltiness you end up
with.

Kent