Old 14-07-2012, 11:54 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kent[_5_] Kent[_5_] is offline

Default Pastrami

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
eb.com...
I could have sworn that the FAQ had a pastrami recipe. It didn't.

When corned beef briskets were on sale in March, I got two extra and
decided to try my hand at a pastrami.

I found a rub recipe online that doesn't require a whole lot of sugar
(feh!) and a method whereby one smokes it until 150 internal temp then
steams it in a pressure cooker for that "deli" taste and consistency. I
think this might be they way I'll go.

Any comments or suggestions? I'd appreciate them.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Janet here's an article about making pastrami from corned beef I found on
the Virtual Weber Bullet. http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/cornedbeef.html
I've a got a couple of frozen corned beef flats in the garage freezer. I'm
going to try this. My concern would be the degree of saltiness you end up
with.

Kent