Posted to alt.philosophy,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,soc.culture.indian,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion
Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] is offline

Default The ethics of Eating life?

In article
>,
"Ganesh J. Acharya" > posted:
> . . .
> In the first book of the Bible God tells the first humans
> to follow a Fruitarian diet.
>
> "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb
> yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth,
> and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding
> seed; to you it shall be for food. Genesis 1:29"

Related -- I posted the following 15 years ago:

"For many Christians, major stumbling blocks are the
belief that Christ ate meat and the many references to
meat in the New Testament. But close study of the
original Greek manuscripts shows that the vast majority
of the words translated as `meat' and `trophe, brome,'
and other words that simply mean `food' or `eating' in
the broadest sense. For example, in the Gospel of St.
Luke (8:55) we read that Jesus raised a woman from the
dead and `commanded to give her meat.' The original Greek
word translated as `meat' is `phago,' which means only
`to eat.' The Greek word for meat is kreas (`flesh'), and
it is never used in connection with Christ. Nowhere in
the New Testament is there any direct reference to Jesus
eating meat. This is in line with Isaiah's famous
prophecy about Jesus's appearance, `Behold, a virgin
shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call him name
Immanuel. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know
to refuse the evil and choose the good.'"
- Posted by Tim Bush

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Posted in:
alt.philosophy,alt.fan.jai-maharaj.alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,soc.cult ure.indian,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.anima ls.rights.promotion

Follow-ups set to:
alt.philosophy,alt.fan.jai-maharaj.alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,soc.cult ure.indian

Modify the above as you wish.