Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Zucchini latkes?

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: I know I should do a web search, but I think someone here posted a good
: recipe for zucchini latkes. Or maybe someone has a good one that they
: haven't posted before?

: My zucchini plants are starting to produce heavily, and I don't feel
: like making ratatouille (too hot), nor do I feel like giving them all
: away. I can stir fry them or saute with onions, but I thought I'd give
: zucchini latkes a try.

: Can anyone offer me guidance?

: Thanks!

: Priscilla
: --
: "What you fail to understand is that criticising established authority by means
: of argument and evidence is a crucial aspect of how science works."
: - Chris Malcolm

Here is an enormous list of latke recipes form the Jewish-food archive of
a mail list I am on.
http://www.jewishfood-list.com/recip...tke_index.html

Most are for carby ones, but there are a number of vegetable ones, some
with potato and som ewithout. In general, it is a good idea to salt adn
drain the shreds like done for eggplant to remove some of the excess
liquid. some can be baked rather than fried, but that involved using the
oven, whic can be hot. Often people make a ton and can reheat in the
oven. I would not reheat ina microwave as that would sog things up quite
a bit and crispness is to be desired.

I hope this helps. I have not tried the recipes so can't rcomment one in
particular.

Wendy