Old 08-07-2012, 09:38 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Pastrami

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 14:23:07 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

I could have sworn that the FAQ had a pastrami recipe. It didn't.

When corned beef briskets were on sale in March, I got two extra and
decided to try my hand at a pastrami.

I found a rub recipe online that doesn't require a whole lot of sugar
(feh!) and a method whereby one smokes it until 150 internal temp then
steams it in a pressure cooker for that "deli" taste and consistency. I
think this might be they way I'll go.

Any comments or suggestions? I'd appreciate them.

That pretty much does it. The rub should have coriander and garlic in
it. I've only done it on the smoker though, not a pressure cooker, but
it may work well.