Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.agnosticism,alt.atheism,sci.skeptic

Default Dietary ethics

On 7/5/2012 10:14 AM, dh@. wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:11:01 -0700, Bob Casanova > wrote:

>>> I want pigs to lead a stupendously happy life until they become bacon.

>> Same here. And apparently Rupert is locked into the same
>> error as David, since his reply is a non sequitur.

> Rupert believes that almost all livestock live terrible lives which are of
> negative value to the animals.

How do you know he doesn't believe they live terrible lives of positive
value? Or wonderful, pleasant lives of negative value?

You stupid ****ing redneck douchebag: a terrible life is, by
definition, a life of [gag] "negative value"; and a wonderful, pleasant
life is, by definition, a life of [retch] "positive value".

You're being redundant, you stupid ****:

"decent lives" *EQUALS* "positive value"
"terrible lives" *EQLAUS* "negative value"

You stupid, idiotic, plodding redneck ****.

> I believe most livestock animals do experience decent lives of positive
> value

1. You don't know
2. You don't care

> George Plimpton doesn't believe any animals benefit from living

They don't. No living entity "benefits" simply from existing.
Existence, or "getting to experience life" in your wretchedly shitty
phrase, is not a benefit. It cannot be one.

All of the below are true statements.